- Report: De Rossi, Roma nearing renewal
- Ag. Emerson: “He can still grow. He has reached only 75% of his potential.”
- Ag. Manolas: “He’s a Roma player.”
- Pallotta, Spalletti dine together
- Pres. Sevilla: “We will see what will happen with Monchi.”
- Roma, Atletico Madrid tracking Muriel
- Roma eyeing summer move for Darmian
Pellegrini’s first and last chance as an opponent?
- Updated: March 19, 2017
Today will be a first and also probably a last.
Sassuolo’s Lorenzo Pellegrini is expected to start today against Roma, his club of birth who helped launch him. However, it could be the only chance he gets to do so. Today’s edition of Il Corriere dello Sport reports that Roma, Sassuolo, the player and his entourage already consider the return to Trigoria merely a formality. The agreement between Roma and the Neroverde calls for the player to return to Trigoria for €10 million, an option Roma will exercise because they see the player as an important piece. Should Pellegrini fail to impress in the summer, he’s already worth €15-€18 million: meaning a plusvalenza is the worst case scenario. But after the words of president James Pallotta, stating he wants Roma’s young players to remain, it’s difficult to see the Giallorossi letting Pellegrini go so easily.