- Report: De Rossi, Roma nearing renewal
- Ag. Emerson: “He can still grow. He has reached only 75% of his potential.”
- Ag. Manolas: “He’s a Roma player.”
- Pallotta, Spalletti dine together
- Pres. Sevilla: “We will see what will happen with Monchi.”
- Roma, Atletico Madrid tracking Muriel
- Roma eyeing summer move for Darmian
Roma want to renew Strootman, De Rossi as soon as possible
- Updated: February 5, 2017
Il Corriere dello Sport: De Rossi and Strootman are the two contracts Roma want to fix as soon as possible. De Rossi’s expires this summer while Strootman’s expires in 2018.
There is a sense of urgency but there should be no problems. Strootman has directly and indirectly, via his manager, the Giallorossi his intent to renew as a sign of “thanks” for the club standing by him loyally through his two and a half year knee ordeal. He intends to renew but the agreement is still lacking. The situation of De Rossi is similar and there should be no issue finding an agreement.
Different situations, though, for Totti and Paredes. Totti still has not yet decided whether to retire or not. Meanwhile, Paredes was close to leaving in January and could likely leave in June.