- Report: De Rossi, Roma nearing renewal
- Ag. Emerson: “He can still grow. He has reached only 75% of his potential.”
- Ag. Manolas: “He’s a Roma player.”
- Pallotta, Spalletti dine together
- Pres. Sevilla: “We will see what will happen with Monchi.”
- Roma, Atletico Madrid tracking Muriel
- Roma eyeing summer move for Darmian
Vermaelen and Manolas may both miss Genoa match
- Updated: January 4, 2017
La Gazzetta dello Sport: After Roma have recovered nearly all in their defence, they are likely to travel to Genoa with two heavy losses.
After the ordeal with the groin, Thomas Vermaelen was forced to stopped Monday in training in the afternoon for a problem in his left calf. The player underwent examinations yesterday which showed slight swelling. Despite not announcing a recovery time, the Belgian will not take part in the match at the Marassi.
The same may also be true, perhaps, for Kostas Manolas. The Greek has been out since suffering a hamstring injury in the match against Juve. While Roma hope to recover him for the match, it’s possible he may not make it. The defender has yet to partake in a full training session and has been left to train on his own. Thankfully the injury is nothing alarming, but either today or tomorrow Manolas will try to increase his workload in order to be called by Spalletti.