- Report: De Rossi, Roma nearing renewal
- Ag. Emerson: “He can still grow. He has reached only 75% of his potential.”
- Ag. Manolas: “He’s a Roma player.”
- Pallotta, Spalletti dine together
- Pres. Sevilla: “We will see what will happen with Monchi.”
- Roma, Atletico Madrid tracking Muriel
- Roma eyeing summer move for Darmian
Doumbia won’t go to China
- Updated: January 2, 2017
Gazzetta.it: Seydou Doumbia and China, part two.
A year ago, Roma tried in every way to sell the Ivorian flop, who was bought the year before from CSKA Moscow for €14 million, but the player refused and it all came to nothing. Within the last few days, a pair of Chinese clubs made inquiries for the Ivorian with a figure of nearly €10 million being thrown-around as a potential offer to Roma, money that would’ve been a breathe of fresh air for the club. Sporting director Ricky Massara was approached by the clubs but Doumbia does not intend to leave Europe and, at least until June, will remain at Basel, where he is on loan. The Swiss club have paid €2 million for the loan and have an option to buy for €6.5 million, it’s unknown if they will exercise this option on the player, who has 10 goals in 19 matches.