- Report: De Rossi, Roma nearing renewal
- Ag. Emerson: “He can still grow. He has reached only 75% of his potential.”
- Ag. Manolas: “He’s a Roma player.”
- Pallotta, Spalletti dine together
- Pres. Sevilla: “We will see what will happen with Monchi.”
- Roma, Atletico Madrid tracking Muriel
- Roma eyeing summer move for Darmian
Roma and the January market
- Updated: December 11, 2016
Il Tempo journalist Alessandro Austini has released an update on the transfer market of Roma.
Reportedly, Roma sporting director Ricky Massara has been in both London and Paris in recent day. In fact, president James Pallotta was also spotted in London with the new man, causing several rumors to come about regarding the transfer market.
One message is clear: Roma want January reinforcements and they may have to sell in order to do that. The potential departures of Iturbe and Gerson won’t be enough, hence, it’s possible Antonio Rüdiger could be sold. Given the links to PSG and their desperate search for a defender, the German could be the right profile.
Roma do want Cesc Fabregas but one issue will be his €6 million (net) wages. Conte has already asked Chelsea to get him a new midfielder so it’s possible the Spaniard could leave the club in the winter. Roma have informed Conte that if Fabregas is not wanted, then they will gladly welcome him. Milan are also interested but given the sale of the club to the Chinese consortium has been delayed, it could affect their market.
Roma also want a winger and have been offered Memphis Depay. Meanwhile, a deal for Alejandro Gomez is also possible.