Roma close to wrapping up two signings

According to this morning’s edition of Il Tempo, Roma’s first purchase of the winter market will be Kevin Mendez (born in 1998), who landed in Rome last night.

Il Tempo reports that the Giallorossi paid €3.5 million in order to acquire 70% of Mendez’ playing rights from Penarol (while the remaining 30% belongs to a fund). The Uruguayan will now move to Perugia for the next 18 months on a loan deal.

Roma’s second acquisition of the transfer market is expected to be Vlad Chiriches. Tottenham are apparently asking for a €2 million fee for the loan but Roma will try to lower that loan fee over the next few days.

For Roma’s Primavera side, Valentin Yoskov (Bulgarian striker who is born in 1998) of Cherno Varna will join the club until the end of the season on a trial basis. With regards to the outgoing transfers, it appears all that is missing for the transfer of Urby Emanuelson to Atalanta is the players approval.