Roma Close in on Touted Brazilian Left-Back

abner

Yesterday at the fixture versus Napoli, A.S Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini admitted that he informed President James Pallotta that he has secured the services of a player for next season, but the director did not reveal who the player is: “I was confirming to President James Pallotta the probable signature of a player and he was curious to know who it was. It’s for next year, anyway.”

Several outlets are now reporting that the player is Abner Felipe Souza De Almeida, a left-back at Brazilian club Coritiba who was born in 1996.

Italian media is suggesting that Roma have beaten Manchester City and Benefica for the player’s services. It is being reported that Roma will pay €5m for 60% of his rights, with the other 40% remaining with Coritiba.

Source(s): Gianluca Di Marzio